Sure, I take the advice of the best experts out there and drink lots of water, steer clear of the sun whenever possible, and slather my skin with sunscreen from head to toe, but still . . . dry skin was a challenge (and I know I’m not alone!) until CeraVe came out with a new product that is a dry skin game-changer.
I have been using CeraVe products for a few years, especially after discovering CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion with SPF 30. It’s my go-to daily product to keep my skin dewy, hydrated and protected . . . at a great price.
But, the newest CeraVe product–CeraVe Healing Ointment–will help replenish the moisture in your skin from head to toe. Unlike some other “healing ointments” out there, it’s not sticky, greasy or heavy. But it still delivers a powerful punch of lanolin- and fragrance-free, hypoallergenic moisture that’s jam-packed with all-important ceramides and hyaluronic acid. It doesn’t irritate, making it the perfect go-to product for those of us with sensitive skin.
CeraVe reports that it’s also great for cuts, wounds, and best of all, works wonders for skin issues, like eczema, earning it the National Eczema Association seal of acceptance.
Here’s how I use it:
- soften cuticles
- as an eye cream to diminish soft lines and wrinkles (really!)
- as an overnight moisturizing mask (baby soft face in the morning and doesn’t clog pores!)
- layer over Retin-A or other retinol product at night to keep skin from becoming over-dry or irritated
- elbows and heels (actually all over my feet, every night!)
- slathered all over my face when it’s particularly cold and windy outside
- a light layer on my face as a before-makeup moisturizer (amazing!)
- on my lips
- eye brow tamer
- hand cream
- applied all over my body after showering (use white sugar in the shower to exfoliate first) and while skin is still damp
- as a frizzy hair tamer (seriously: when I have a little leftover on my hands, I flip over and fluff my hair a bit, taming the fly-aways without getting greasy)
I keep CeraVe Healing Ointment in my bathroom and kitchen, and use it literally and liberally all day long. Once you try it, you will, too. They’ve also just come out with a tube, too, so you can take it with you on the go. Click here to get a money-saving coupon for any CeraVe product.