No matter how old you are, you — yes, you — can change your body, your fitness level, how you feel, and how good the rest of your life is going to be. Just moving more will be the one habit that makes the biggest difference in our life. It won’t take a miracle, but it will take commitment to make yourself your #1 priority.
To jumpstart your new healthier, better, longer life, here are 10 small steps you can start taking right now:
- Stand as often as possible.
- Incorporate as much movement into your life as you can.
- Walk a lot, aiming for 10,000+ steps a day.
- Exercise for at least 30 minutes, 4 to 5 times a week.
- For maximum health and fitness, include cardio, strength-training, and balance exercises throughout the week.
- Get your heart rate up to at least 50 percent of your maximum for a minimum of 15 minutes every time you exercise.
- Do push-ups, planks, plie’ squats, wall squats, and chair dips as many days as possible.
- Find activities that make you happy while you’re doing them and feel good when you’re done.
- Set goals that get you excited and keep you motivated.
- Don’t give up!
Do you have a copy of my multi-award-winning book, LOVE YOUR AGE: THE SMALL-STEP SOLUTION TO A BETTER, LONGER, HAPPIER LIFE to help you protect your right to age successfully? Click here to order.