I would sit on the bathroom floor, watching my mother put on her Max Factor foundation, CoverGirl eyebrow pencil, and Maybelline mascara. She would polish it all off with a sweep of Revlon lipstick. Perfect, but a little too much of everything for me.
Now that it’s summer, the last thing we want to do is . . . over-do.
Here’s what I found works the best . . .
- use a tinted moisturizer slightly darker than your normal shade to give you a little bit of a “faux tan” (not too dark!!) and make sure it has an SPF of at least 30 (I love Laura Mercier)
- smooth a little highlighter under your brows, above your cheekbones, and at the inside corner of your eyes (Benefit High Beam is great)
- brush on a little pinkish blush on your cheeks (Pink Grapefruit by Laura Geller is the perfect shade for just about every skin tone)
- add a little eyeliner, following the natural eyelash line (try Revlon ColorStay in Charcoal)
- sweep on some black mascara, top lashes only (curl them first)
- put on some pinkish-rosy lipstick (Carmindy for Sally Hansen in Perfect Pink or Blossom are my favorites)
- . . . and you’re ready to rock and roll.
Less than 5 minutes.
Don’t you just love summer?